Hi there. My name’s Lydia. I’m a games writer and narrative designer based in London.
I’ve been writing and designing for games – from AAA to mobile – for 5+ years.
In that time I’ve led development on full narrative arcs, created exciting quests from scratch, written punchy dialogue for a multitude of characters, and worked alongside amazing colleagues to create meaningful stories told through gameplay as much as narrative. Check my portfolio here.
Game narrative, like all elements of game dev, is a deeply collaborate process of using every tool available to take players on an emotional journey where their own response is more important than our intentions. Stories are like intricate puzzles, and I cherish the challenge of building the right narrative for each project.
Hit me up if you want a narrative designer who’s motivated, dedicated, quick to learn and has a wicked eye for detail. That’s me, by the way.
- Like most writers, I have a thing for ancient cultures, histories and mythologies. Sumeria is my current obsession.
- I wrote my BA dissertation on Beowulf. Hwæt!
- As a kid I played so much Sonic that I started twitching. Then I wasn’t allowed to play anymore 🙁
- When I was younger I lived in the Middle East for over 10 years.
- Show me a rabbit, any rabbit, and I will coo over it for at least 3 minutes straight. This is my kryptonite.
I write about pop culture criticism (games, movies, music, TV) when I feel like it here.
I also write fanfiction for games like Red Dead Redemption and shows like Battlestar Galactica over here.